Just a quick note for folks interested in some of the positions with Headspring Systems. I’m very picky about those I hire, and those who have the best luck with the interview process are those who already:
- Read my blog
- Are involved in some of the same open source projects I am
- Attend the same conferences I do
- Attend the Austin .Net User Group or Agile Austin
- Have introduced themselves to me in person
- Practice Extreme Programming
- Read books like Evans, Feathers, Fowler, Martin, Beck, etc.
- Contact me directly instead of going through recruiters.
I love recruiters, and I give them leads whenever I can, but the type of employees I hire for Headspring are typically not what recruiters have to offer.
If you are interested in a job, the bullet list is a great place to start. For those not in the Austin area, it’s worth noting that we focus on Austin only at the moment and work in person within the company as well as within clients. No remoting here.