Back in 2005, I purchased an mVox 100 (mv100). This device worked great on Windows XP, and I used it in various VOIP application. Really great USB speakerphone. It’s tiny, also, and I kept it tucked in my back for the last 5 years.
When I upgraded my computer to Windows Vista, I was rather disappointed that this useful little device no longer worked.
I could not find any Vista drivers. From what I gleaned from forums, it relied on usbaudio.sys, which was overhauled in Windows Vista. Even though I couldn’t use the device, it stayed in my computer bag for 2 years! I switched computer bags today and uncovered this little speakerphone. I decided to give it a shot on my Windows 7 computer. Lo and behold, it worked! No driver install. I plugged it in, it detected it, and registered both the built-in microphone and sound card/speaker. I happened to have Skype open, and Skype immediately registered the device as the microphone and speaker. Bottom line: I am impressed by Windows 7 once again!
My mobile telephony kit now contains this mVox 100 USB speakerphone as well as my trusty Logitech notebook headset.