I just HAD to write this up. My company’s software has just crossed the 1400 automated test cases line. I still remember when the software was new and when I was coaching my team on why we should write unit tests. Now, the number of tests just climbs and climbs.
We have 1417 (as of right now) NUnit unit tests, NUnit integration tests and FIT integration tests. We test the following types of things:
- That each public method of each class does the right thing.
- That each database table is the correct structure and has the right permissions.
- That each NHibernate mapping is configured correctly.
- That each logical service does the right thing.
- That the system as a whole operates when integrated.