Yesterday, I gave a presentation to the Austin .Net User Group titled “ASP.NET Tips and Tricks”. I’ve made the demos available for download in a VS 2003 class library project (just map IIS to the folder). The demos are:
- The effects of a DocType on your pages
- Using the <browserCaps/> web.config section so that ASP.NET recognizes non-IE browsers.
- Using Request-level cache to cache objects.
- Custom HttpHandlers (.ashx, and .axd)
- ASP.NET Trust Levels
- Making a user control a container
- UrlRewriting (the real way without the bad side effects – no Server.Transfer here).