CodeCampServer Call for Participation
I just posted this message to the discussion list.
Right now on http://codecampserver.com/, there are two active user groups
that are hosted with the platform: http://www.adnug.org/, and
http://www.c4mvc.net/. CodeCampServer is a multi-tenant application, and
the routing handles knowing which user group the data is for.
We need volunteers in two main areas:
1. Expanding and maintaining CodeCampServer.com
- Evangelizing CodeCampServer.com
- Onboarding new .Net user groups
- Production server monitoring
2. Creating and driving CcsContrib (CodeCampServer-Contrib).
- Organizing and moderating this new open-source project
- Producing builds that can be deployed with CodeCampServer.com
- Evaluating and accepting patches to this project.
Overall, we have two companies who have pledged ongoing funding for
ORCSWeb <http://www.orcsweb.com/> is maintaining a dedicated server on which
CodeCampServer runs. They have graciously donated this server so that .Net
user group might have a website hosted for them for free.
Headspring Systems <http://headspring.com> is maintaining the core
multi-tenant application. Headspring will continually enhance the core as
well as the CcsContrib plugin model, which is MvcContrib's Portable
In this way, CcsContrib will contain perhaps many portable areas that add
lots of new functionality on top of the CodeCampServer core.
If you are interested in contributing either as a CcsContrib developer or a
project manager/facilitator, please reply here. Based on replies and
interest, I will schedule a conference call to discuss the formation of a
CodeCampServer committee. All the interest in CodeCampServer has been
organic, and I want to somewhat get out of the way so that the community can
get the most out of this project.